For racers who want to volunteer, the organizers will offer a 20 per cent discount on the registration fee using a circulated coupon code. All volunteers are also invited to a volunteer party on March 11 where there will be food, drinks and prizes.
The list of time slots and positions:
· Feb. 15 to Mar 4 – Help collect prizes to manage and distribute on race day
· Tuesday, Feb. 28 – Course marking and setup
· Wednesday, March 1 – course marking and setup
· Thursday, March 2 – Race office support (shift from 11:30 pm to 5 pm) – Includes half-an-hour of training.
· Friday, March 3 – Race office support (shift from 8:30 am to 1 pm) or (12:30 pm to 5 pm) – Includes half-an-hour of training.
· Saturday, March 4 – Course marshall (shift from 8 am to 12:30 pm)
· Saturday, March 4 – Course marshall (shift from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm)
The organizers are very appreciative of any volunteer help they can get and urge you share the posting with colleagues and friends. If you have any questions about the roles and responsibilities don’t hesitate to reach out to John Watkin the cycling manager at Bear Mountain Resort at email@example.com
Article Source: Canadian Cycling Magazine